Print Friendly Recipe
- Teri Shute
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). green tomatoes, chopped (8 cups)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). allspice
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mustard seed
- 1 quart (950 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light brown sugar
- 2 sweet red or green peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Mix the tomatoes with the salt, cover and let stand overnight or for 24 hours.
- Wash in cold water and drain.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a pot, add the tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Cook gently for about 15 minutes.
- Spoon into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 in. headspace, and seal.
- If you wish, process in a boiling-water bath for 10 min.
- This is the closest recipe I could find to your request. I found it in a Fanny Farmer Cookbook. I hope it is what you are looking for.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.