Print Friendly Recipe
- Teri Shute
- 8 inch baked pie crust shell
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) milk or cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). grated onion
- A few grains of cayenne
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Scald the milk or cream over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and add the shredded cheese, stir until melted.
- Add salt, paprika, onion, cayenne.
- Remove mixture from heat and beat in 1 egg at a time.
- Fill pie crust and bake it until the custard is firm, about 45 minutes.
- I found this recipe in The Joy of Cooking. It is the only recipe I could find that is called Cheese Custard Pie (I have over 1 hundred cookbooks).
This sounds more like a savory pie rather than a dessert pie. Hope it what you are looking for.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.