Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:12 half pints
- 6 pounds Zucchini, peeled, cut and seeded
- 12 cups (2825 ml) white sugar
- 3 oranges with peel
- 2 lemons with peel
- 2 oz (56 grm). crystallized ginger
- Put zucchini through food grinder into bowl.
- Pour sugar over top.
- Cover and let stand on counter overnight.
- In morning, transfer to large pot.
- Cut oranges and lemons onto wedges, remove seeds.
- Put through food grinder with ginger.
- Add ground ingredients to zucchini and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil until thickened,stirring occasionally--this will take about 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Cool a small spoonful on chilled saucer to see if it jells.
- Fill hot sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch of top.
- I actually ground the fruit up the day before and added it on top of the zucchini. Saves cleaning up twice.
To test jams - place 1 tsp on chilled saucer. Chill. It should form a top skin, not run on saucer. A path drawn through with a spoon should reamin intact. Remove pot from heat when testing to prevent overcooking.
This is a nice orange coloured marmalade. Add a piece of gingham tied around the top with ribbon or rafia and give away as gifts at Xmas time. A good way to use up excess Zucchini.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.