Print Friendly Recipe
- So easy to make, so good to eat
- Gale Berry
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground round
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- lots of garlic powder
- pepper to your taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced mushrooms fresh or canned (drained)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated mozzeralla cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 sheet of thawed Phyllo pastry
- Mix hamburger with bread crumbs, seasonings and egg.
- Spread out flat to form an oblong shape.
- Put mushrooms and cheese all over the top of this.
- Roll the meatloaf up starting at the narrow end; be sure to pinch shut any cracks, you want this to be sealed real good.
- Wrap the pastry crust completely around the meatloaf.
- Place this in a greased 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) loaf pan (seam side down).
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 45 minutes or until the crust is nice and brown.
- When you slice this each piece will have the mushrooms and cheese.
- Serve with a brown gravy and mashed potatoes.
I love to cook and this is just something I made up.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.