Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 large chicken breasts, skinned, boned and halved OR
- 8 small chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- salt, black pepper and red pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices boiled ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour, seasoned
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) mushroom gravy
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can sliced mushrooms, drained
- dash of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces
- Make 1/4-inch thick cutlets of chicken by pounding with mallet.
- Sprinkle each with salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Place on each a slice of ham and cheese.
- Roll, jelly-roll fashion, pressing to seal well, and tie each with string.
- Coat with flour which has been seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Set oven at 350 degrees (175 C.) to preheat.
- In a frying pan, brown chicken on all sides in butter.
- Remove to an 11 inch x 7 inch baking dish and cut string away from each roll.
- In the remaining butter, saute onions, celery and green pepper until soft.
- Add gravy, mushrooms and sauces and cook until thick.
- Pour over chicken and cover dish with foil.
- Bake one hour, remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Here's a gourmet French dish with a South Louisiana flair!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.