Print Friendly Recipe
- Hamburger (ground beef) in a rich sauce to serve on toasted buns or try it over mashed potatoes or macaroni!!
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced celery
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) catsup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1 can of tomato soup (Campbell's brand IS the best here)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- Brown the ground beef (use a hot olive oil or shortening if it is toooo lean) in a large deep skillet or a broad surfaced pot like a dutch oven, then discard any excess fat.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir very thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer about 1-1/12 hours.
- This is a really delicious meal to serve on toasted buns with a good kettle fried potato chip vareity and a cold beer ANY time of the year, but especially nice for NFL Sundays or Monday Night football.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.