Print Friendly Recipe
- Rich and creamy Lemon Pie with a good tangggggg!
- Kiss the Cook
Serves/Makes:6 or more slices
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 large lemon, all juice and yellow rind, grated fine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canned milk diluted with 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cream sugar, flour and butter.
- Stir in beaten egg yolks.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Add diluted canned milk, slowly.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into lemon mixture.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
- You could bake this pie, add meringue, and finish the baking. This is an excellent recipe. As far as I know, you have to use the canned milk due to the processing of the milk and the curdling properties to keep the pie silky textured and still creamy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.