Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple Everyday all American Chicken Dinner from the heart of the 50's.
- Peek from 1969 Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, margarine, or chicken fat
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) diced cooked chicken
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped pimiento
- In saucepan, melt 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, margarine, or chicken fat.
- Blend in 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) of salt.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth and 1 cup (225 ml) milk all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) diced cooked chicken, one 3 oz (84 grm). can of mushrooms, drained, and 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped canned pimiento.
- Heat through.
- Serve over toast points.
- Toast Points are easy. Toast the bread, and when done, cut on the diagonal.. you got toast points!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.