Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 medium-sized fresh tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). powdered mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) mixture of torn baby lettuces or other bite-sized salad greens
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled goat or feta cheese (about 2 oz (56 grm).)
- Use tomatoes held at room temperature until fully ripe.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each tomato and discard.
- Cut remaining tomatoes (horizontally) into four slices each and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and sugar until well-blended.
- In a medium bowl, toss greens with about 1 tbsp (15 ml). of the dressing.
- On each of four plates, place a bottom tomato slice.
- Sprinkle lightly with cheese and greens.
- Repeat layering three more times ending with the top tomato slice.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serve as an appetizer or salad course.
This dish is as beautiful as it is delicious!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.