Print Friendly Recipe
- A variety of crisp apples with raisins and nuts mixed in a light honey marinade.
- Susan Doocy
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- Apple Fruit Cup
- 4 or more large apples (each a different variety and color if possible)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, chopped well
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 1 pinch of cinnamon.
- Rinse well, core and chop the apples into bite-size chunks and put in a mixing bowl
- Add the raisins and walnuts, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, honey and cinnamon and blend well.
- Pour the honey mixture over the apple mixture and toss to cover all the fruit and nuts well.
- Chill and serve in pretty fruit cups.
- This recipe doubles or triples easily. As a garnish, add a dollop of sweetened sour cream or whipped cream.
This also is a wonderful filling to bake in Puff Pastry or Phyllo Dough Cups for a baked apple dessert served with french vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.