Print Friendly Recipe
- A novel nutritional manner to preserve a bumber crop of zucchini
- Charli - Certified Master Food Preserver
Serves/Makes:16 or more pints
- 4 quarts (3775 ml) shredded or cubed zucchini
- 46 oz (1288 grm). canned unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) bottled lemon juice
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- Hot Pack -- Peel zucchini and either cut into 1/2 inch cubes or shred.
- Mix zucchini with other ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Fill hot jars with hot mixture and cooking liquid, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe jar rims.
- Adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath.
- Half-pints or pints for 15 minutes.
- This can be chilled and served as fruit or can be substituted in any recipe calling for crushed or chunked pineapple.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.