Print Friendly Recipe
- A wonderful combination of raspberries and rhubarb
- Charli - Certified Master Food Preserver
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). rhubarb
- juice of one lemon
- 11 oz (308 grm). raspberries (frozen can be used)
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) sugar
- Wash the rhubarb and raspberries.
- Cut the rhubarb into small pieces.
- Put both fruits together with the lemon juice into a large pan.
- Stir over a low heat until juice starts to run from the raspberries.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes being careful not to burn mixture, and then add sugar.
- Continue cooking over a low heat, stirring from time to time until the sugar is dissolved and the rhubarb is soft.
- Bring to a rolling boil for about 4 minutes, and then test for jellying or use a candy thermometer until it reads 220 degrees (100 C.).
- Pour into pint or 1/2 pint hot jars and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.