Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:Huge! I cut it in half
- 3 quarts (2850 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 8 to 10 med. potatoes
- 2 beets
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dill weed or fresh dill
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots
- 1 large can of tomatoes
- 1 whole sliced cabbage
- 1 large diced onion
- 2/3 lb (.3 kg). butter
- Sweet cream to serve with!
- Add water, salt, potatoes, beets, dill and carrots to a large pot.
- Boil together until soft.
- Add the can of tomatoes.
- Then mash the ingredients in the pot.
- Fry half the cabbage and half the onions in 1/3 lb (.2 kg). butter untill onions are transparent.
- Add to broth along with the rest of the cabbage and onions.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cut in 1/3 lb (.2 kg). of butter and let set for 20 minutes.
- Serve with sweet cream!
- Very good! You can use less butter if you want!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.