Print Friendly Recipe
- Very FlavorFULL, easy & fast
- Sheila Kosko
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1 cup (225 ml) water (just enough to clean the tomato cans)
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml). sage
- 1 tsp (5 ml). thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hamburger
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sausage (any flavor)
- cooked pasta
- Put all ingredients except meat in a large pot over medium heat.
- While sauce is warming, cook and drain meat; add to sauce.
- After sauce comes to a boil turn down to med-low heat.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes or longer if you like.
- Stir about every 10 minutes or so.
- Ladle over pasta (Ziti is especially yummy with this sauce).
- This makes a thick meaty sauce which is also excellent for lasagne. If you prefer a more pourable sauce you can add an extra cup of water and cook it down until you get the conistency you like. And I know, that's a lot of oil! But trust me, it makes the sauce taste delicious!
Tip 1: If you like a sweet sauce add an extra tbsp. of sugar or use maple flavor sausage.
Tip 2: This sauce is even better the next day so make it the day before, then simply warm it up.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.