Print Friendly Recipe
- Lemon-flavored cake with pudding on bottom.
- My files
Serves/Makes:8 X 8 pan or 1 qt. casserole
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 eggs, separated (save yolks for later use in recipe)
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- Beat salt and egg whites to soft peaks.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, beat to stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, beat yolks, zest, juice and butter.
- Stir in 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar mixed with flour; add milk.
- Fold into egg whites.
- Pour into greased pan or casserole.
- Set in pan containing 1/2" hot water.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) 55-60 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
- Chill and enjoy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.