Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick Bread
Serves/Makes:1 13 x 9 inch pan
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or shortening plus 1 tbsp
- 1-3/4 tsp (9 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). nutmeg
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- Blend flour, sugar, salt and butter (shortening) together until crumb-like.
- Remove 1/2 cup (125 ml) and save for topping.
- Add to crumb mixture: baking powder, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix thoroughly.
- Add buttermilk and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top of batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 20 min.
- They used to serve this in the California elementary school I went to. I loved it so much that I asked the lunch ladies for the recipe, just so my mom could make it. My kids love it just as much as I did.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.