Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) salad oil
- 2 3 lbs (1.4 kg). to 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 kg). fryers, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) soy sauce
- 2 green onions, cut in 1-inch lengths
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can beer
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1-1/4 tsp (6 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch blended with 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a 5-quart kettle over medium heat.
- Add chicken pieces, a few at a time, and cook until browned on all sides.
- Discard excess fat.
- Return all chicken to kettle.
- Add garlic, soy, ginger, onion, beer, and coriander.
- Bring to a boil; cover.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for one hour, or until thigh meat near bone is no longer pink when slashed.
- Remove chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan drippings.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon some of the sauce over chicken and pass remaing sauce at the table.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.