Print Friendly Recipe
- From Southern Living (December, 1980)
- 3 9 oz (252 grm). packages frozen French-style green beans
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). butter or margarine
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml). dried onion flakes
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml). shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). package slivered almonds
- Cook green beans according to package directions; drain.
- Melt margarine in a Dutch oven; add soup and cream cheese.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in green beans, onion flakes, water chestnuts, garlic salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole.
- Top with almonds; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 45 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.