Print Friendly Recipe
- Whichever liquor you prefer
- Sheila Kosko
Serves/Makes:about 48 pieces
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crushed vanilla wafers
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) light-colored corn syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bourbon or rum
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- Mix sugar, vanilla wafers, walnuts and cocoa powder.
- Stir in corn syrup, liquor, and water until combined.
- On work suface dusted with powdwered sugar, pat mixture into an 8x6" rectangle.
- Cut into 48 pieces (a pizza cutter works well for this).
- Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place in a tightly covered container for 2-3 days.
- Before serving, roll balls in additional powdered sugar.
- These are a great gift for the Holidays! If you want a non-alcoholic version: substitute 2 T. water and 1/2 tsp. artificial rum/brandy flavoring.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.