Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian Cookies
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) granulated sugar
- 3-3/4 cups (875 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water (scant)
- powdered sugar
- Combine eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla and whip until thick and yellow in color.
- Blend in the flour.
- Combine the confectioners sugar and the scant 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water, to form a thick icing.
- Blend the confectioners sugar icing into the cookie batter.
- Using a pastry bag without a tip, pipe 1 to 2 inch wide, by 3 to 4 inch long cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or a greased tinfoil-lined sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly cracked.
- Sprinkle the baked cookies with powdered sugar, just like they do in the bakeries, for a really authentic bakery cookie.
- Saviardi Cookies (these are not like store bought lady fingers, spongy and light - these have a nice crunchy sweet outside, with a soft cake like inside).
This came from 'Top Secret Receipes on the Net'.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.