Print Friendly Recipe
- 48 marachino cherries with stems
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sifted confectioners sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). vanilla extract
- 2 cups (475 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). shortening
- Beat butter in bowl until light, add sugar gradually mixing constantly.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Chill 2 hours or until firm.
- Drain cherries on paper towels until dry.
- Shape a small amount of mixture around cherries, remember to keep the mixture and covered cherries cold and firm.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a double boiler.
- Dip covered cherries in chocolate and place on waxed paper.
- Chill until chocolate is firm.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.