Print Friendly Recipe
- Pampered Chef
- 1 roasting chicken, 5-1/2 lbs (2.5 kg). to 6-1/2 lbs (3 kg).
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Lemon Pepper Seasoning Mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from cavity of chicken.
- Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry.
- Trim excess fat, if necessary.
- Cut lemon into slices and onion into quarters; place in cavity of chicken.
- Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken.
- Place chicken in clay baker, breast side up.
- Lightly spray surface of chicken with olive or vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning mix, rubbing gently.
- Place lid on clay baker.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Using oven mitts carefully remove lid from baker, lifting away from you.
- Continue baking chicken, uncovered, 15-30 minutes or until themometer registers 180 degrees (80 C.) in meaty part of thigh and juices run clear.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- Editors Note: Some clay bakers recommend soaking the top of the baker in water before using each time. Read instructions on your particular brand.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.