Print Friendly Recipe
- Centers for Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Bird Greer
Serves/Makes:about 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) to 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) 4x sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). almond extract
- 3 doz. maraschino cherries, drained (approx.)
- Thoroughly cream butter with sugar and milk.
- Blend in vanilla and almond extract (If mixture is too sticky, additional sugar may be added).
- Mold a small amount around a cherry, being careful to completely cover each cherry.
- Place on waxed paper-covered tray, set aside.
- Melt your chocolate and drop centers into coating mixture; roll to coat completely and remove with a fork.
- Drop onto wax paper and make a curl on the top, allow to set at room temp until set.
- Check bottom and reseal if it needs it and store in a cool dry placefor at least 2 days, but not in the refrigerator.
- Centers are coated with a mixture of chocolate and paraffin (wax).
The paraffin helps the chocolate stick to what you are dipping and not melt as quickly.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.