Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated lemon rind
- 2 cups (475 ml) white wine
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1 pkg. gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 5 egg whites
- Make a syrup of the sugar and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water and simmer for 5 minutes with grated lemon rind.
- Cool; combine with wine,lemon juice, and dissolved gelatin.
- Mix thoroughly and strain through cheesecloth.
- Beat with rotary beater or in blender until frothy and white.
- Combine with stiffly-beaten egg whites and continue beating until stiff.
- Pour into mold or into individual glasses and chill.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.