Print Friendly Recipe
- The easiest pot roast you've ever made
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 roast beef (size: whatever you can fit into a 3 1/2 qt. crock pot)
- 1 package dried onion soup mix
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Empty contents of onion soup package into crock pot.
- Pour water into crock pot.
- If using a frozen roast, set on high and let it cook all day.
- If using a refrigerated roast, set on high and cook for a half a day (or low if you've got all day).
- This is how my mom taught me how to cook a pot roast and the only way she or I do it. If you're planning on being at work all day, just put fix it before you leave for work and you'll come home to a wonderful-smelling kitchen and one dinner dish that is already finished. Since the crock stays hot for a good while, you can go ahead and turn it off while you're preparing the rest of you dinner. Enjoy! :)
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.