Print Friendly Recipe
- Diane B.
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). hamburger
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml). basil
- 6 cups (1425 ml) chicken broth
- 3 large carrots cubed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 thick slices of Velveeta processed American cheese (1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream (optional)
- Brown the hamburger with the chopped onion.
- Drain off any fat.
- In a large saucepot add the hamburger to the chicken broth. Stir in parsley, basil, cubed potatoes and carrots. Simmer about one hour or till veggies are tender.
- Melt butter in saucepan and add flour to make a paste.
- Add this to the soup,bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add Velveeta cheese that has been cubed, salt and pepper.
- Simmer till cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream.
- Your kids will love this soup!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.