Print Friendly Recipe
- Diane B.
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 2 dozen fresh mussels
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) garlic minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Spanish onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) clam juice
- cooked linguini
- crusty bread
- Debeard and rinse mussels.
- Heat a saute pan to very hot and add oil.
- Add garlic and onions, cooking till soft.
- Add white wine, stirring to deglaze pan.
- Then add mustard. Place mussels in pan along with cream and clam juice.
- Cover with a second pan inverted to create a steamer.
- Reduce heat slightly and steam for 5 minutes.
- Mussels are done when open and firm.
- Heap mussels in a bowl and pour broth over them.
- Serve over cooked linguini and with a crusty bread.
- Serve with crusty bread for dipping.
I serve them over linguine noodles because the sauce is so tasty!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.