Print Friendly Recipe
- Regina M.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans black beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bottled salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated sharp chedder cheese
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) sour cream
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) minced green onions
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- Place beans and liquid in pot and partially mash with potato masher.
- Cook over high heat.
- Add salsa, chili powder and broth; bring to a boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Top with grated cheese, sour cream, green onions and cilantro.
- Great for a cold day!
From Cooking Light Magazine, October 2000 issue.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.