Print Friendly Recipe
- A great breakfast casserole!
- Susan E.
- 3 cups (700 ml) french bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups (700 ml) cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). chedder cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry mustard
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- Butter a straight sided 8 1/2 X 11 inch baking dish.
- Make a layer of 1/3 bread, ham and cheese.
- Mix flour and mustard in a cup; sprinkle about 1 tbsp (15 ml) over layer.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter over layer.
- Repeat with bread, ham and cheese, then flour mixture and butter to make 2 more layers.
- Over top layer, sprinkle remainder of flour mixture.
- Beat eggs with milk until foamy.
- Pour over layers in baking dish.
- Cover, chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until golden.
- From Stuart Hall Cooks, Staunton Virginia, August 1980.
(Referred to in this cookbook as a fondue but not a fondue at all.)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.