Print Friendly Recipe
- Bird Greer
- 1 3-1/2 lbs (1.6 kg). chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tightly packed parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter or margarine at room temp.
- 4 or more small carrots trimmed, peeled and cut in half crosswise
- 8 small to medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). crushed hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canned unsalted tomatoes
- 1 pkg. wide noodles, cooked
- Place clay pot in a basin of cold water and let it soak for at least 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Sprinkle inside of the chicken with half the ground pepper.
- Stuff cavity with onion, parsley and bay leaf.
- Sprinkle outside of the chicken with the remaining ground pepper.
- Rub the breast and legs of the chicken with butter or margarine.
- Arrange the chicken breast side up in the bottom of the clay pot.
- Arrange the carrot pieces and mushrooms around the chicken.
- Sprinkle with hot red pepper.
- Place pieces of tomatoe on top of the vegetables.
- Cover the pot with the lid.
- Place in the oven and bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Carve the chicken and serve it with it's natural juices.
- This recipe came from Craig Claiborne's Gourmet Diet Cookbook.
We enjoy the recipe and I always serve it with wide cooked noodles and makes a tasty meal.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.