Print Friendly Recipe
- This really should be called Delicious Antioxident Healthy Bread! A great bread to make and enjoy for taste and health.
- What's Cooking with Kim O'Donnel
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose Robin Hood or other all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) bruised flaxseed oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) golden raisins
- Optional: 1/4 cup (60 ml) mashed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg cinnamon, and sugar.
- Add the eggs, oil, and milk; mix until well blended.
- Finally, stir in the mashed sweet potatoes, pumpkin (if using), pecans, and golden raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in the pan at least 15 minutes before removing.
- For best flavor, store overnight before serving.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.