Print Friendly Recipe
- Bird Greer
Serves/Makes:2 dozen brownies
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) cocoa powder (clean inside of jar with a paper towel after this layer)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour mixed with
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder and
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- Layer ingredients in order given in a quart jar "wide mouth" canning jar.
- Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Type or write these instructions on a card to attach to the brownies.
- 1 Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use hands to thoroughly blend the mix.
- 2 Add: 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine, not diet, melted and 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3 Mix until completely blended
- 4 Spread batter in a sprayed 9" x 13" baking pan.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
- 6 Cut into 2" squares.
- Makes 2 dozen brownies
- You must pack the ingredients tight in the jar or you won't have enough room for the ingredients.
I put the lids on then a decorative cover of some sort.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.