Print Friendly Recipe
- Carmalized roasted vegetables so loaded with flavor and nutrition. A Wonderful touch of simple french cooking for everyday to beginning cooks.
- Kista Cook
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 eggplant
- 1 or more large sweet onions
- 2 or more large fresh red tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried thyme OR
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) or a handful of fresh thyme sprigs to strip leaves.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Slice 1/2" thick rounds of eggplant and peel off skin. Salt and rest for 1 hour, rinse well.
- Oil a flat baking dish and lay the slices in. Lightly Salt the slices to taste.
- Slice 1/4" thick rounds of large onions and lay on the eggplant.
- Slice 1/4" rounds from large tomatoes and lay on the onion.
- Sprinkle with a touch more salt, some thyme and then drizzle with good extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in a slow oven about 325 degrees (175 C.) for at least 1 1/2 hours, until vegetables are caramelized and soft.
- Serve warm or at rested to room temperature as a side dish to your entree or as the entree of a meatless luncheon.
- Excellent served with sauteed scallops or a succulent lamb chops. Fresh bakery Italian or a fragrant french baguette is almost a sin to forget with this delectible dish. Don't forget to add a crisp cold tossed greens salad with a light lemon viniagrette!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.