Print Friendly Recipe
- Ginger Cookies
- Tonya Treml
Serves/Makes:2 dozen or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dark corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cloves
- 3 tsp (15 ml) ginger
- 1-1/2 t baking soda
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) flour
- Put butter in mixing bowl.
- Mix 1/2 cup (125 ml) water and next 5 ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour over butter and stir until cool.
- Mix baking soda and flour.
- Slowly add to first mixture and stir until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide dough into 6 parts.
- Lightly flour board.
- Roll each part 1/16 in. thick.
- Cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 6 minutes or until brown and crisp.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.