Print Friendly Recipe
- Really Fabulous Spaghetti Sauce
- C. J.
Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 1 2 lb (.9 kg). can tomatoes
- 1 small onion, cut in eighths
- 1/2 green pepper, cut in 1" pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). jar Traditional flavor Ragu sauce
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). mild Italian sausage
- cooked spaghetti
- grated parmesan cheese
- Put first nine ingredients into blender container.
- Cover and process for two cycles.
- Pour into large sauce pan.
- Add bay leaves, tomato sauce and Ragu.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, brown the sausage in a large frying pan.
- Cut the sausage into bite size pieces and add to sauce.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over spaghetti with parmesan cheese.
- This is the best sauce I've found. Sometimes I take the sausage out of the casings and brown it like ground beef but most of the time I leave in the link form.
I serve this with a steamed green vegetable and warm Italian bread. It's really good and very easy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.