Print Friendly Recipe
- Rich and satisfying dish of cream and scallops baked to supreme perfection.. VERY good! VERY easy!
- S. Chokel
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bay scallops (or sea scallops, quartered)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) white pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter and set aside.
- Mix wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in medium bowl.
- Stir in scallops, then add cream and stir.
- Place mixture in shallow baking dish or french ramekin.
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) until scallops are done, mixture is bubbly and crumbs are browned, approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve as a great luncheon or light dinner fare with a crisp salad and a buttery croissant with wild strawberry perserves. I like to add a wild rice side dish or rice pilaf and maybe some glazed carrots to accompany the meal when serving it as a dinner entree.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.