Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple and elegant dish that tastes like a million bucks and is EASY on the pocketbook. Delicous mild fish recipe with the MOST complimentary flavor
- S. Chokel
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). Hake fillets or dressed whole whiting
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- dredging flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chopped dill
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) dried dill weed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Beat together eggs, milk, and 1 tsp (5 ml) vegetable oil.
- Trim fillets, wash, and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fillets into single serving sized pieces if necessary.
- Dip fish fillets or pieces in egg mixture and dredge in flour.
- Heat 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil and 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine in a large skillet.
- Fry fish pieces until golden brown on both sides.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place fish in a baking dish and dot with butter or margarine.
- Blend yogurt and dill and spoon over the fish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- This recipe is especially good for dieter's. Substitute Fat Free Yogurt and decreased fat margarines for a great entree for a creamy wonderful dinner treat!
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.