Print Friendly Recipe
- A comfort food favorite of Filipino Families. Similar to our Banana Bread, only BETTER!
- S. Chokel
- 4 to 5 medium size ripe lakatan or bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup (225 ml) 2nd class sugar (light brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) evaporated milk mixed with
- 1 tsp (5 ml) calamansi (lime) juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) fine salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped casuy nuts (optional) (try macadamia nuts)
- Beat and cream sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs, milk, and calamansi (lime) juice. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients (mixed together).
- Add chopped nuts, then fold into creamed mixture and mashed banana.
- Pour on a well greased loaf pan, bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cool before slicing.
- This is a very good recipe and fun to make. Very delicious version of what we know as Banana Bread.
Note: Filipino is the correct way of referring to something that is of the Philippines, such as the people, a recipe or things.. The country is referred to as The Philippines. It is confusing I know, but that is how the "words" are to be used.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.