Print Friendly Recipe
- cheese spread
- from the kitchen of tracey miles
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). or 6 cups (1425 ml) extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can beer
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter, softened
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) worscestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground nutmeg
- In large bowl, combine cheese and beer. Let stand 30 minutes or until cheese softens.
- In food processor with knife blade attached, blend cheese mixture, butter and remaining ingredients 3 to 5 minutes until smooth.
- Pack cheese into crocks or decorative airtight containers and store in refrigerator up to one month or in freezer up to three months.
- To serve, let cheese stand at room temperature 30 minutes or until soft enough to spread.
- The flavors in this recipe were borrowed from the famous dish, welsh rabbit, where cheddar cheese and beer ar melted together and served over toast. Include some nice biscuits with this, such as wafer crackers or plain flatbread crisps.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.