Print Friendly Recipe
- from 'Clan of the Cave Bear" by Jean Auel
- self raising flour
- maple syrup
- Grind acorns to a powder.
- Soak the acorns in water over several days, changing the water each day.
- Add enough flour to make a dough.
- Sprinkle with spices.
- Bake until golden.
- Soak dried cakes in syrup and let dry.
- This is a rough guide only, try reading the original book for the method, it is in the clan gathering section.
Soaking releases the bitterness, and the timing of soaking and powdering steps may need adjusting. Also acorns used to be used as a coffee substitute.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.