Print Friendly Recipe
- Basic and simple Sugar Cookie Decoration Icing. Less known version, and generally more superior for decorating than Crisco's Basic Icing.
Serves/Makes:3 cups approx.
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) Crisco or other vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Cook milk and flour until thick and bubbly. Cool completely.
- Mix together crisco, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the two mixtures together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat both mixtures together with whip attatchment on mixer (or your beaters on an electric mixer will work too) for at least 5 minutes or until sugar is no longer grainy.
- Use as desired as a white icing or using food colors, color and tint as desired.
- This is my other favorite icing recipe for Sugar Cookie decorationg for Christams or holidays.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.