Print Friendly Recipe
- Great condiment to use on Topopo or Mexican Salads, Burritos, Quesadillas, Chilaquilas, or other Tex-Mex or Mexican foods
- Susan Doocy
Serves/Makes:about 1 cup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Hellman's or Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 4 tsp (20 ml) pickled jalapeno slices, minced
- 4 tsp (20 ml) pickled jalapeno juice from the jar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt or to taste
- Optional: garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of cilantro
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together and blend well.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight for the flavors to set.
- Stir before using.
- Note: I like to add either green or red chile salsa instead of jalapeno slices sometimes. Very good with chopped cilantro added if you like the flavor.
Recipe Hint: Double or triple recipe and mix this sauce with equal amounts of grated cheese and top baked burritos at the last 5-10 minutes for cheese to melt. Excellent flavor and touch for a smothered burrito served on a bed of shredded lettuce or green cabbage with chopped green onions, black olives, tomatoes, and guacamole.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.