Print Friendly Recipe
- The yogurt cucumber sauce that adorns Gyros. This is the real deal! Very good on any greek salad too!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2/3 cup approx.
- 4 oz (112 grm). plain yogurt (not vanilla)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 whole large lemon, juiced
- 1 tabelspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) virgin olive oil (regular is okay)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) kosher or sea salt (it dissolves better, regular is okay)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground black pepper
- 2 oz (56 grm). diced cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, chopped fine
- Combine all ingredients and let marinate from five minutes to one day.
- Note: Omit the cucumbers for a GREAT yogurt sauce to serve with vegetables and fish! This is a great all purpose vegetable dipping sauce for fresh raw vegetables.
Easily doubles or triples or more!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.