Print Friendly Recipe
- The most simple Chicken Strudel, a creamy type and uses Alfredo Sauce from a jar and Puff Pastry instead of Phyllo.
- S. Chokel
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked chicken chunks
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen chopped asparagus, thawed and drained
- 1 17 oz (476 grm). jar Alfredo sauce, divided
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from 17-1/4 oz (484.4 grm). package), thawed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, asparagus, and 3/4 cup (175 ml) Alfredo sauce; mix well.
- Unfold the puff pastry onto a large baking sheet.
- Spoon the chicken mixture lengthwise down the center of the pastry.
- Cut slits 1 inch apart lengthwise down each side of the filling.
- Braid the dough over the filling, overlapping to form "X" shapes.
- Spray the top with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 25 to 27 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining Alfredo sauce over low heat.
- Slice the strudel and serve topped with the sauce.
- I like adding grated Swiss Cheese to the filling of the strudel, about 1 cup and adding 1/2 cup of grated swiss to the remaining Alfredo Sauce for a savory cheesey flavor, it is soooo good that way!
Substitute carrots and/or broccoli for the asparagus if your family baulks at it.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.