Print Friendly Recipe
- Comfort food for Lebanese families. Delcious and nutritous. Try it for a change and it will become a standard at your house.
- Susan Doocy (From a visiting diplomat)
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). green beans
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lamb, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can tomatoes
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- cooked rice
- Brown meat with onions in melted butter and add spices.
- String and cut green beans. Wash and drain.
- Combine beans with meat.
- Cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, sauce and water and cook over low heat approximately 1 hour.
- Serve over rice.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.