Print Friendly Recipe
- Mary Edwards - taken from an old church cookbook
- 1 cup (225 ml) blanched slivered almonds
- 1 stick of butter (no substitute)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) light corn syrup
- Line a 4 sided cookie sheet with foil, including the sides.
- Lightly coat the foil with butter.
- In a 10 inch non-stick skillet, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Over medium heat, continue stirring for 5-6 minutes until the mixture becomes a light golden brown color.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared pan and spread as thin as possible.
- Immediately wash the pan and spoon in very HOT running water.
- Put the candy in the refrigerator to cool.
- When it has cooled, lift the foil and break it into pieces.
- Store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
- Delicious candy. Very is to prepare!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.