Print Friendly Recipe
- Thick and sweet dates cooked in a saucepan and made into bite sized candy-like balls. Very good.
Serves/Makes:12 or more balls
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates, or 1 8 oz (224 grm). package
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 2 cups (475 ml) crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- flaked coconut
- Combine butter, dates, eggs and sugar in medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, nuts and cereal, stirring well.
- Shape into balls and roll in coconut.
- It is nice to make them into little logs and roll in powdered sugar a few time for Date Logs. This is an old time recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.