Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian sausage and seasonings in an All American favorite.
- Tucson Tart
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (225 ml) pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). prosciutto ham, or several slices ham
- 8 ozs. sliced Provolone cheese
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can mushrooms, drained
- Mix first 10 ingredients, along with 3/4 cup (175 ml) of the pizza sauce; pat half into an oval-shaped casserole/baking pan or make into an oval shaped loaf in any pan.
- Place ham, cheese and mushrooms on top of this layer
- Then top with remaining meat mixture and press together sides of meat.
- Spread remaining pizza sauce on top.
- Bake 375 degrees (200 C.) for 1 hour.
- Let stand at least 5 minutes before slicing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.