Print Friendly Recipe
- mrs wiggs
Serves/Makes:1 pan full
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening until it's mealy.
- Add water and mix well.
- Roll dough into a rectangle on floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread with butter and 1 cup (225 ml) sugar.
- Roll dough up from long side like jelly roll.
- Slice in 1 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place in a greased 10" round cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine milk with 1 cup (225 ml) sugar and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil and pour over pie.
- Return to oven and bake about 7 minutes longer.
- This recipe came from the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram in 1993.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.