Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick Cooking Sept/Oct 2001
Serves/Makes:about 2 1/2 pounds
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) plus 3/4 cup (175 ml) butter (no substitutes), divided
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) whipping cream
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). to 12 oz (336 grm). package vanilla or white chips
- 1 7 oz (196 grm). jar marshmallow creme
- 3 tsp (15 ml) orange extract
- 12 drops yellow food coloring
- 5 drops red food coloring
- Grease a 13-in x 9-in x 2 in pan with 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) butter.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and remaining butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chips and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- Remove 1 cup (225 ml) of mixture and set aside.
- Add orange extract and food colorings to remaining mixture;stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Drop the reserved marshmallow mixture by tbspfuls over the top; cut through mixture with a knife to swirl.
- Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares.
- Plan ahead...needs to chill.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.